1. Can you give me a brief description of Whimsical Cakes and the services and products offered.
Products that we offer include custom 3D cakes, cupcakes, and cookies. We also provide styling services for events and weddings for sweet tables.
2. Are there any limitations when it comes to cakes or are the possibilities endless?
Endless...almost! :) Icing and fondant are very versatile so depending on the request, just about anything can be created.
3. What has been your favorite wedding cake to date?
I don't think I have one favourite, but I do enjoy creating cakes for Indian weddings as the cakes are always so unique and colorful!
4. What are the most important things for couples to know when choosing a wedding cake?
Couples should try to make their cake exciting and meaningful! Anyone can select a cake from a catalog, but in order to make it special, the cake should reflect something more personal and be memorable.
5. Can you identify some current trends in cakes and/or wedding treats.
Most current trend comes from fashion. We recreate a lot of cakes that are inspired from haute couture! Cakes include some bling, ruffles, patters, lace, pearls, etc.
Couples are also wanting sweet tables...mini sweets that surround their wedding cake! This makes for some serious eye candy.
6. What is the most popular flavor of cake?
Our chocolate buttermilk cake with real raspberry buttercream is our most popular, but we have a new flavour: chocolate and vanilla with a skor buttercream...YUMMO!
7. How far in advance should couples place their order?
Because of the care put into wedding cakes, we take limited orders and seem to book up about 4-6 months ahead of time. The more notice that is given, the better the chance for us to fill their order.
8. What is one thing most people don't know about Whimsical Cakes?
That we can do it all! YES! We do cakes, cupcakes, cookies, chocolates, and more!!! The oddest question that we get (at least once a day) is "do you make cakes?" WE ABSOLUTELY DO! LOL.
All Images from Whimsical Cake Studio's website