It's been awhile since we've highlighted a local vendor, so we're starting the week with one I'm especially proud to share. My cousin, Bailey Gartner, is a talented hair stylist who has been in the industry for over 8 years. I've had my hair cut, coloured, and styled by her since she first graduated. She's proved herself in the wedding industry with a portfolio of some amazing work. She's helped give some insight into her business below and I've included some photos of her lovely work. For more information or to inquire about booking your wedding visit her website: http://www.baileygartner.com/index2.php#/home/
What specialized services do you offer for weddings?
I provide all bridal hair services in the privacy of your home or location of your choosing.
What is your experience in the hair industry?
I have been a professional stylist for over 8 years and have an extensive portfolio from a no-fuss cut for everyday life to an avant-garde style for an editorial shoot. I have also been offering on location styling for the past 5 years to accommodate my brides and their schedule the day of their wedding.
Explain the benefits of hiring a mobile stylist for your wedding.
The detailed planning most brides undertake for their wedding day can be overwhelming. Let me and my team of professionals create a unique beauty experience and a stunning, personalized look for one of the most important days of your life. No worrying about all the bridesmaids being on time to the salon or spa, have it all come together in the privacy and comfort of your home or location of your choosing. This allows your photographer to capture all your special moments in a private setting and most importantly allows you to relax and enjoy the morning of your special day.
Can you provide some tips for brides regarding hair and their wedding day.
- Always book a trial, bring anything you think will help your stylist understand the looks you love or the style of your wedding
- Keep having regular haircuts. At your trial, your stylist can give you guidance on whether you need to grow your hair. If your hair is very long or unlayered, it can be difficult to manage and style, limiting the looks your artist can show you at your trial.
- When you’re finding pictures to show your stylist, try to find ones that don’t stray too far from your own look and style. I think it’s best to go with the look you normally go for when you dress up for an occasion, and then glam it up a notch for your wedding day
- Be flexible. Unexpected rain or a wind suddenly springs up on your wedding day, and that down style you had your heart set on just isn’t working. Don’t worry—last-minute changes can be okay, so long as you and your stylist are prepared.
- Avoid a new hair color. Even if your colorist is the absolute best, avoid making changes to your hair prior your wedding
What are some trends in hair for weddings this year?
- Bigger volumous curls, brides are using their hair as a statement piece!
- Dramatic veils: Long and flowing, a cathedral-style veil completes the look for the traditional bride. Brides have been wearing simple, modern and clean veils but expect to see veils trimmed with lace, crystals and other fine embellishments.
- Hair embellishments: Loose and flowing or elegantly put into an updo, brides will adorn themselves with a spectacular piece of hair jewelry. Pearls, diamonds, flowers, feathers or crystal. Bridal hair will be dressed up!